Calling All Dogs!
Don’t leave your furry friend at home! The Dog Jog is part of the Festival Foods Turkey Trot 2-mile walk and starts at approximately 8:15 a.m. in the fourth wave of the event. Each cuddly companion needs to be registered for a small fee of $5, which includes a doggie race bib and Festival Foods Turkey Trot bandana so your dog can trot in style!
There are a lot of people, noises, and excitement during the Dog Jog. For safety, please follow these guidelines:
- Only bring dogs that are well-behaved and used to being around other dogs and people.
- Keep your dog on a leash that is shorter than six feet. Please do not use a retractable leash since they can be hazardous in a crowd.
- Clean up after your dog — bags are available or you can bring your own.
- Limit one dog per person.
- Only bring your dog if he/she is at least six months old and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Dogs are not allowed in facilities.
- Also, please remember that dogs are not allowed on the 5-mile run (service dogs are the only exception). Any trotters with a dog on the 5-mile course will have their timing chip voided and will jeopardize the future participation of all dogs.
Dog Jog Quick Facts
Regular Fees: $5
Location: The Dog Jog is part of the Festival Foods Turkey Trot and is available at every event location.